Dennis M's Chess Site

This is a blog for chess fans by a chess fan. I enjoy winning as much as anyone else, and I've had a reasonable amount of success as a competitor, but what keeps me coming back to the game is its beauty. And that, primarily, is what this site will be about! All material copyrighted.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Blog Name!

Whether because Blogger is making changes that will eventually lead to improvements in their site, but are currently causing glitches, or because more people are signing up with them and taxing their resources, I've found their site increasingly inconvenient and will move to another location soon.

In fact, I would have moved some time ago, but there's a problem: I'd like to come up with a better name for the blog. Suggestions are welcome, as long as they're (a) within the bounds of good taste and (b) don't involve butchering my name ("Mono" puns...gee, I didn't hear those a few thousand times when I was a kid). So, marketing and advertising geniuses in my readership, please help!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm, good names are tough to come by. Many of the best chess site names are already in use. Actually I think of your site as, "Monokroussos' chess potpourri", but that doesn't really seem very creative or colorful. How about "Many Mono Chess Adventures". At least it's a play on "mono" meaning one instead of, well, it meaning something else. Ok, surely someone else will think of something good.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about Dennis M's Chess Chronicles or just simply Chess Chronicles?

    Or you could perhaps find inspiration in a book you like, for example one of my favourites, Agur's book on Fischer, has some nice chapter names like e.g. The Poetry of Empty Squares (if I remember it right of course)

     
  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger David Glickman said…

    Just some brainstorming ideas:

    Adventures in Chess
    Chess Adventures
    Caissa's Corner (sounds familiar, might already be taken?)
    Pawn Storm
    Initiative!
    Great Chess
    Chess for the Ages
    Chess from the Heartland
    Chess Culture
    Chess or Die

    Nothing spectacular, but maybe something here will give you an idea to build on.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    whats with

    "www.kingsite.com"

    (not kindside but kindsiTe) am i a genius? haha.

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Advice from a Pawn

    or

    The Chess Philosopher

    or

    The Dark Squares

    or

    Dynamic Equality (lol)

    or

    Inside the squares

    or

    Potential Chess

    Thanks for humoring my imagination.
    -Erik

     

Post a Comment

<< Home